Started in 1998 by three families with a passion for God. NorthPointe Church was started in a living room then it soon moved to a local high school auditorium. God then showed the elders where he wanted them to build and that is where we are today. NorthPointe Church is an all volunteer church. Everyone from the person who cleans the toilets to the pastor serves willingly and without pay. There is much more to our story that you can hear from Pastor Jim below.
Below you will find an excerpt from our Church's Constitution. If you would like to view it or our By Laws in their entirety you can select either below to download them.
NorthPointe Church Statement of Faith
In order to clearly articulate the elements of our faith, we agree to the following essential doctrines:
1. ABOUT GOD God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Gen. 1:1, 26-27; 3:22; Ps. 90:2; Matt 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2
2. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
Matt.1:22-23; Is 9:6; John 1:1-5,14:10-30; Titus 2:13 Heb. 4:14-15; 1 Cor. 15:3-4; Rom. 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Tim. 6:14-15
3. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
2 Cor. 3:17; John 16: 7-13, 14: 16-17; Acts 1:8; 1 Cor. 2:12, 3:16, 12:11; Eph. 1:13; Gal. 5:25; Eph. 5:1
4. ABOUT THE BIBLE The Bible is God’s word to all men. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.
2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21; 2 Tim. 1:13; Ps. 119:105, 160, 12:6; Pro. 30:5
5. ABOUT PEOPLE People are made in the image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. However, the image of God in man was marred through sin and he is now a sinner alienated from God. Within himself, man has no ability or desire to belong to God.
Gen. 1:27; Ps. 8:3-6; Is. 53:6a; Rom. 3:23; Is. 59:1-2
6. ABOUT SALVATION Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
Rom. 6:23; Eph 2:8-9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Gal.3:26; Rom. 5:1
7. ABOUT ETERNAL SECURITY Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security.
John 10:29; 2 Tim. 1:12; Heb. 7:25; 10: 10, 14; 1 Peter 1: 3-5
8. ABOUT ETERNITY People are created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
John 3:16; 2:25; 5:11-13; Rom. 6:23; Rev. 20:15; Matt. 1:8
NorthPointe Church Covenant
We have been led by the Spirit of God to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord and have professed our faith in Him. We have demonstrated this faith by being baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We enter into the fellowship of this church and we prayerfully and joyfully make this covenant with each other and our Savior, Jesus Christ:
We will represent Jesus Christ as a way of life by placing Him at the center of our lives, following Christ’s example in our dealings with others, and following our Lord in the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
We will respond to the needs for spiritual growth within the body of Christ by offering training in Christian discipleship and providing a place and time for corporate worship.
We will work to restore God’s plan for Biblical values and relationships by committing ourselves to personal and family Bible study and prayer and supporting the members of this church in Christian love.
We will reach others with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ by seeking to lead others to a saving knowledge of Him, by supporting local and world missions, and by reaching out to others through the ministries of this church.
We will risk deep commitment to others within the body of Christ by pledging to actively participate in the ministries of this church and pledging our faithful support of the activities and services of this church.